The first few days in a new job are critical. Often the spotlight is on the new recruit, with companies and managers eagerly anticipating the new employee settling in with ease. However, the need to make a good first impression cuts both ways. Companies need to also consider the impression that they are making on their new employee as well as the support they are providing. Plan4Continuity saves HR managers valuable time by streamlining and automating the employee onboarding process and so ensure their ongoing success in the role. The process comprises the following steps:
The automated HR Employee Onboarding plan offers numerous benefits including:
- automated, real-time communication to all users including the new employee via email or mobile phones;
- broadcast and roll call management to keep the relevant parties updated and ensure speed of actions;
- increased productivity as an automated plan facilitates effective and faster employee integration;
- positive impact on company culture as an automated onboarding plan supports effective business performance;
- user-friendly cloud dashboard, accessible from any browser; and
- built-in reporting to management and key stakeholders.
1. Add customers, people and services to your automated workflow that will be affected when onboarding a new employee
This will include amongst others adding a plan manager that can oversee the entire process and plan activators who can activate the plan on a new employee’s first day at the company. Additional people can be added to the “Other people to be notified” option – this ensures every person involved in the onboarding process is notified. These people could, for example, include the office administrator, IT (internal/MSP) and hiring manager.
2. Real-time broadcast and roll call via mobile phone or email to inform the relevant parties of a new hire
After adding the necessary people, customers and services, the HR Onboarding plan has broadcast, roll call and call tree options to enable instant texts to mobile devices or emails to recipients/employee. The plan is triggered automatically when a new hire arrives at the office and all plan actions will complete automatically, in the specified order. A text message with the action name plus a link to a page with instructions and files will be sent to all selected people.
3. Plan actions to ensure increased productivity and effective and faster employee integration
Plan actions include sending out a broadcast containing the steps required to make sure the new employee is ready to start with your company. Thereafter the actions will logically follow, including IT procurement and setup, making provision for the first day and the first week of a new hire with your company.
4. Built-in reporting to management and key stakeholders
After completion of all the necessary steps, you can generate a report of the plan activation from the user-friendly cloud dashboard, accessible from any browser. This report will indicate all the steps taken since onboarding the new employee and outline the general areas of knowledge and skills required to ensure your new employee is successful in their job.
You might also be interested to read: