ISO 22301 for Societal Security- Business Continuity
The ISO 22301 standard for Societal Security- Business Continuity specifies requirements to “plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptive events when they arise.” (source http://www.mit-solutions.com/downloads/WhitePaper_ISO_22301.pdf). It is generic in nature and aims to be pertinent to all forms of organizations despite the size or complexity.
Our software is based on the life cycle ISO 22301 : Plan, Do, Check and Act which is a continuous cycle as Business Continuity is supposed to be.
A brief summary of how the software uses ISO 22301 principles.
Understanding the Organization: People, Locations, Assets, Services and Vendors.
- Identifying service obligations and dependencies.
- Easy access to continuity plans
- Plans hosted offsite and easily printable
- Testing Schedule: Simulate, evaluate and update plans.
- Continuously improve processes and plans.
- Safely store and encrypt applicable legal, regulatory and other requirements
- Respond to and manage incidents quickly and make changes on the fly
- Have a fully reviewable, audited log of all continuity plan activations
Business Continuity is not a once off exercise, rather it's an ongoing exercise and if done diligently and intelligently augers well for not only smoother business operations, but reduced operation costs. Plan4Continuity make this process much easier, allowing one to focus on the more important aspects of Business management, secure in the knowledge that plans exist, are simulated and are ready for activation.