A business needs assets to provide services
Knowing the assets that are critical to business operations is an important part of business continuity. Assets should therefore be included in business continuity plans, which can be simple service schedules or plans for when these assets’ services become disrupted.
A few points to consider regarding assets:
- Are you maintaining an up-to-date record of them?
- Do you have dedicated personnel who are trained to use them?
- If one asset is out of commission is there a backup?
- Are these assets regularly maintained and insured?
- Are safety guidelines taken into consideration?
Our system keeps a record of critical assets and who is responsible for them, vendors, services related to the assets and generally how downtime of an asset can have an effect on other assets and the entire business.