Governments and organizations across the globe are dealing with the challenges pertaining to the spread and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. With France and the United Kingdom currently setting the record for most daily COVID-19 cases, organizations of all sizes are asking: “How should we respond and what role should we play in mitigating and managing the impact of the pandemic?” And, most importantly, what happens in the event of an exposure to or actual case of COVID-19 in the workplace?
In terms of workplace health and safety legislation, employers are obliged to provide employees with a safe work environment. This includes establishing and enforcing prevention and preparedness measures. These include making provision for a scenario where an essential visitor or staff member came into contact with a person that is infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days but has not yet been confirmed to have COVID-19. This plan can also be triggered should a staff member be infected with COVID-19 and have received confirmation of such.
1. Benefits of the Potential COVID-19 Exposure plan
To support government mandates and regulations and to ensure the health and wellbeing of your workforce, the COVID-19 Exposure Workplace Automation plan offers the following benefits:
- A daily automated COVID-19 screening workflow which can be set up in minutes to multiple clients
- Automated communication to all users received via email or mobile phones
- Real-time broadcast and roll call management to keep the relevant parties updated
- Real-time evidence of responses to and measures taken during a potential COVID-19 exposure
- Documented compliance with government screening and reporting requirements
- User-friendly cloud dashboard, accessible from any browser.
- Built-in reporting to management and key stakeholders
The user-friendly process to set up a plan is:
2. Add customers, people and services that will be affected to your daily automated workflow
This will include amongst others adding a plan manager that can activate the plan should a COVID-19 exposure or infection occur. Dedicated customers have full access to the system and can add plans, locations and even users. Managed customers can only view and activate plans which give you control over plans executed in your environment for hosted solutions. This can be set up in minutes to multiple clients.
3. Real-time broadcast and roll call management via mobile phone or email to keep the relevant parties updated
After adding the necessary customers, essential people and services, the Potential COVID-19 Exposure plan has broadcast, roll call and call tree options to enable instant texts to mobile devices or emails to recipients. When a potential COVID-19 Exposure event is triggered, all broadcast actions will complete automatically, in the specified order. A text message with the action name plus a link to a page with the description, safety precautions and files will be sent to all selected people. This function can be used to keep your employees up to date on the mitigation measures you are employing to both reassure them.
4. Documented compliance with government screening and reporting requirements
A combination of the status check and the recorded roll call responses can serve as proof of compliance with the mandated COVID-19 screening and reporting requirements.
5. Built-in reporting to management and key stakeholders
After completion of all the necessary steps, you can generate a report of each activation from the user-friendly cloud dashboard, accessible from any browser. This report will indicate all the steps taken since becoming aware of potential exposure or confirmed infection as well as the mitigation measures taken.
You might also be interested to read: